As it turned out I was not pleased with the Cerulean Blue color, so I mixed a batch of Liquitex Cobalt Blue and started slinging paint. I gently put down layer after layer, building the transparent paint up until I had a deep, rich blue. I think I used twelve coats before I was happy with the coverage and depth of color. I let the paint gas out for a couple of days, then sealed it with Testor's Semi Gloss out of a rattle can.
Pleased with the progress, I mixed up a batch of Future and a touch of Tamiya Flat in a ratio of about 10:1. I wanted a sheen, but not full gloss. Kind of between semi-gloss and really, really shiny. I then added a couple of small scoops of PearlEx 671 Interference Blue pigment to the mix and slowly built up four coats over the sealed Cobalt color. I let that dry for a day and held my breath while I pulled the masking. Here are the results.